Far North Wilderness Bike Tour
2001 – 2021
After 20 years, the Far North Wilderness Bike Tour, has called time. CAFNEC’s longest running and most successful fundraising event, took riders on an unforgettable week of mountain biking through the spectacular Wet Tropics World Heritage Area in Far North Queensland. CAFNEC thanks the numerous volunteers, the riders and sponsors, all of whom contributed to making the event a unique experience and a wonderful fundraiser.
First run in 2001, the Far North Wilderness Bike Tour started as the brainchild of Jon Metcalfe, a keen local cyclist and avid environmentalist. He spent months doing solo missions through the remote areas of the Atherton Tablelands to find a route that might be suitable for such an ambitions tour. With a team of enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers the bike tour ran to raise awareness and funds for the Cairns and Far North Environment Centre (CAFNEC).
- Approximately 350km on mostly dirt roads and tracks with low traffic
- 6 days of supported riding and camping
- Spectacular scenery in hard to access locations
- An intimate and friendly ride with a maximum of 45 riders
- Home-cooked meals, cakes and biscuits, and a well-stocked bar
- Support for the important work of the Cairns and Far North Environment Centre (CAFNEC)
Nothing else like it …
Check out the video from the 2019 tour!
CHECK US OUT ON https://www.facebook.com/FNQBikeTour/